The Ordinary Leader
10 Key Insights for Building and
Leading a Thriving Organization
Also Available at:
Free Audio Chapter:
An ordinary leader is someone who leads a small organization or team that is doing great things. They manage the majority of the world’s workforce, but they don’t lead large corporations or big government agencies. Ordinary leaders are rarely written about in books or quoted in magazines. They are, however, important. Maybe not globally, but in their own realm of influence, their leadership makes a difference. The term “ordinary” is also used to highlight the belief that no one ever arrives as a leader. In fact, if someone thinks of themselves as extraordinary, they will not be a very effective leader. Author Randy Grieser presents 10 key insights for building and leading a thriving organization. These are the principles he identifies as instrumental to success as a leader. Writing for leaders everywhere, he inspires, motivates, and explains how to make each insight a reality in your organization. Become a more passionate, productive, and visionary leader by exploring and embracing these 10 insights:
- Motivation and Employee Engagement: Organizations flourish when employees go beyond what is expected of them.
- Passion: A passionate, inspired workforce begins with the leader.
- Vision: Visionary leaders energize and inspire people to work towards a future goal.
- Self-Awareness: Knowing your strengths and weaknesses is vital for leading any organization.
- Talent and Team Selection: The right employees must, first and foremost, fit the workplace culture.
- Organizational Health: Employees are most engaged when leaders are committed to the emotional well-being of everyone.
- Productivity: Focusing on how and what things get done increases efficiency.
- Creativity and Innovation: Building processes for innovation puts creativity to work.
- Delegation: As you free up your time, you will also increase employee engagement.
- Self-Improvement: Personal development makes all the other principles easier to achieve.
Also included are the perspectives of 10 ordinary leaders from a range of professions, survey feedback from over 1,700 leaders and employees, and a resource section that provides detailed guidance and examples for putting these ideas into action.
Free shipping on orders with $50 or more of assessment tools, resource manuals, or books.
**Books will ship separately from other products.
Bulk Discounts10% discount when you order 10-49 books
20% discount when you order 50+ books
*discount will be applied at checkout
Learn More About The Ordinary Leader:
About the Author
Randy Grieser is the founder and CEO of ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance and the Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute (CTRI). He holds a Master of Social Work degree and a Bachelor’s degree in Conflict Resolution. Randy is a visionary leader who, together with a team of employees and trainers, has positioned these organizations to be two of the premier providers of professional development training in the industry. He is the author of The Ordinary Leader, and co-author of The Culture Question. Randy gives presentations on leadership and management principles to a wide range of audiences in business, education, health, and government settings. He believes leadership requires us to always be intentional about what we do and how we do it. Randy is a dynamic presenter who delivers insightful presentations that are engaging, humorous and informative. Find his latest thoughts on leadership at TheOrdinaryLeader.com.
“Randy provides a frank and candid set of observations about leadership that will prove valuable to leaders and non-leaders alike.”
—Peter Hargraves, Principal, Sputnik Architecture Inc.
“This book combines home-grown wisdom with heartfelt passion. Randy s insights are applicable to any profession and for all levels of leaders.”
—Vicki Enns, Director, Assiniboine Family Therapy
“Finally, a leadership book that I can relate to this book is full of practical and accessible strategies.”
—Dave Llyod, Owner, Square One Construction