In order to survive and thrive in the 21st century workplace, we all need to master the fundamentals of communication. Our ability to communicate effectively is directly linked to our success in meeting the needs of employers, colleagues, customers, and clients. This workshop focuses on the core skills for communicating with clarity in the workplace. Participants will hone their verbal communication strategies including speaking and listening skills. They will also learn approaches for utilizing communication technologies such as phone, email, texts, and social media more effectively. This training will give participants tools and strategies to communicate with clarity and purpose while choosing the best medium for the message.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- The Complexity of Communication
- Communication Styles
- The Importance and Role of Body Language
- Skills for Connecting with Others
- Strategies for Speaking Effectively
- Tools for Persuading Others
- Phone Etiquette
- Making Email Work for You and Your Recipients
- Social Media and the Workplace
This is an introductory level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, demonstration of skills, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.