Based on the book, The Culture Question, this workshop provides a guide for how every organization can become a great place to work. Workplace culture is the most significant factor that influences employee engagement, work relationships, and job satisfaction. Culture determines whether your organization will succeed – or even survive. It profoundly affects both the quality of the products or services you provide and the lives of those who work in your organization. The good news is that culture is something we can influence. By exploring six key elements that make up a healthy workplace culture, participants will learn the answers to two fundamental questions: “How does your organization’s culture impact how much people like where they work?” and “What can leaders do to make it better?”
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- The Case for Caring About Culture
- Culture’s Impact on Employee Engagement
- How to Define Purpose and Values
- Communicating Your Purpose and Values
- Providing Meaningful Work
- Practical Ways to Make Work More Meaningful
- Focusing Your Leadership Team on People
- Directive Versus Empowering Leadership
- Why Meaningful Relationships Matter
- How to Foster Meaningful Relationships
- Creating Peak Performing Teams
- Foster Identification and Facilitate Interdependence
- Practicing Constructive Conflict Management
- Key’s to Transforming Conflict
- How to Change Culture
- Cultural Health Assessment Questionnaire
This is an intermediate-advanced level workshop for leaders, managers, supervisors, human resource personnel, and anyone who influences culture in the workplace.
The half-day workshop is great for leaders from the same organization who want to start the conversation around creating a healthy workplace, or for groups of leaders from multiple organizations. It’s a fast-paced training that covers a lot of material.
The one-day workshop is well suited for leaders from various organizations who want the core content covered in-depth.
This is an ideal workshop for leaders in the same organization. The material is the same as the one-day version, but the pace is slower to allow for more in-depth discussion and application of the content to your organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study examples, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Recognize why a healthy culture is essential and a competitive advantage
- Understand the connection between culture and purpose
- Implement strategies for creating peak performing teams
- Incorporate key ideas for creating and sustaining a healthy workplace culture
- Follow a framework to change and maintain culture