Being an effective leader requires us to be thoughtful and intentional about what we do and how we do it – it takes time and requires work. Taking the time to intentionally think about leadership may not get the attention it warrants, yet it is one of the most important things we can do to raise the performance of both ourselves and our organization. This workshop provides an opportunity for leaders to fine-tune their leadership philosophy and focus in on parts of their own leadership that need further development. Participants will be challenged to think critically about their own approach to leadership development and gain unique insights that will strengthen their abilities as a leader.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- What Defines a Leader
- Your Philosophy of Leadership
- Directive Versus Relational Leadership
- The Impact of Different Styles
- How to Develop as a Leader
- Learning from Others
- How to Address Weaknesses
- Ongoing Leadership Development
This workshop is for all leaders, managers, supervisors, and anyone providing leadership within an organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study examples, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Implement strategies for developing as a leader
- Identify different styles of leadership
- Become a more self-aware leader
- Assess for leadership blind spots