All workplaces have times when there are increased demands and challenges that result in high levels of personal and organizational stress. Unfortunately, these times often lead to a decrease in focus and productivity. Mindfulness is an effective tool that can help you cultivate greater focus, productivity, resiliency, and wellness at work. It gives you the skills to respond rather than react to various challenges and stressors, enabling you to tap into your full potential in all areas of your life. Mindfulness is both something to practice and a way of being that allows you to make small shifts in your thinking. This experiential workshop will give participants the tools to be fully present in the moment while accessing greater discernment, clarity, and feelings of calm in the midst of a busy work-life.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Defining and Understanding Mindfulness
- Benefits of Mindfulness at Work
- Linking Attentiveness, Creativity, and Professional/Personal Growth
- Mindful Approaches to Stress and Change at Work
- Shifting Automatic Reactions to Mindful Responses
- Mindfulness Tools for Balance and Regulation
- The Role of Meditation and Stillness
- Mechanics of Breathing
- Body Awareness
- Compassion Practice
- 10 Talents of Mindful Leaders, Employees, and Teams
- Strategies for Expanding Mindfulness at Work
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop for employees, teams, managers, and leaders who want to develop mindfulness skills in order to increase their focus, resilience, wellbeing, and performance at work.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define mindfulness and how it applies to a leadership role
- List benefits of mindfulness on mental health and work capacities
- Describe steps for integrating mindfulness strategies into a workday
- Illustrate both formal and informal mindfulness practice