We all encounter people we find difficult, and typically conversations with them leave us feeling stressed and frustrated. This workshop explores what is happening in those exchanges and demonstrates how people can adapt their strategies to bring about more productive conversations with those they find difficult. Individual approaches for dealing with difficult people will be discussed, with an emphasis on understanding and adapting one’s approach to create different results. Participants will explore how to deal with patterns of passive-aggressiveness, resistance, and chronic anger, and how to begin to change difficult patterns using a straightforward, five-step approach.
Price: $119.00 CAD
Per # of Viewers
Credit Hours (CEU)
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Who is a Difficult Person?
- Shift Judgment to Curiosity
- The Cycle of Escalating Difficult Behaviour
- Approaches for Dealing with Difficult People
- Strategies for Dealing with Bullying Behaviour
- Skills for Dealing with the Passive-Aggressive Person
- How to Defuse the Angry Person
- Strategies for Dealing with the Resistant Person
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand their own areas of influence and control in their difficult relationships with others
- See how their personal style may impact their conversation with a person they find difficult
- Apply a practical approach for dealing with four different types of difficult people, including the Chronically Angry Person, the Resistant Person, the Passive Aggressive Person, and the Bullying Person
- Develop a plan to positively engage with a difficult person they have identified
About this Workshop
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Chris is a leadership and organizational development professional with over 20 years’ experience in both the private and public sectors. Through his extensive experience in operations, compliance and organizational development, he has gained a diverse skill set which has shaped how he approaches leading and working with teams. Chris believes fundamentally that leaders have a direct impact on the health and wellness of the people they lead and support. And that fostering healthy work environments create the ideal conditions for success well beyond the individual and throughout whole organizations. Chris is recognized as an approachable facilitator who coaches, motivates, and inspires others to be the best they can be.
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.