The multiple demands of work mean that employees need to know how to prioritize their responsibilities, work with proficiency, be resourceful, and complete tasks in an organized manner. This workshop is geared towards front line workers, and provides a comprehensive review of these essential workplace skills. Participants will not only learn new habits and tools for increasing productivity, but also how to represent their organization well.
Price: $129.00 CAD
Continuing Education Credit Hours (CEU) 4.5
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Keys to Organizational Effectiveness
- The Basics – Presentation, Communication, and Conflict
- Barriers to Productivity
- Clarifying Roles and Expectations
- Workplace Ethics
- Positive Workplace Attitudes
- Becoming Efficient – Getting Organized
- Time Management
- Focusing Energy and Setting Priorities
- Keys to Overcoming Procrastination
- How to Increase Work Satisfaction
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the components of being a productive employee and be able apply to apply these to their workplace
- List the challenges and barriers to for coping in less-than-ideal circumstances and formulate a plan in response
- Outline helpful strategies to avoid procrastination
- Apply organizational tools to prioritize work-tasks
About this Workshop
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Jessica is a communications specialist with over a decade of experience helping others share their stories, with a focus on collaborative communication, editorial development, and content creation. She has a bachelor’s degree in Rhetoric and Communications and a master’s degree in Media Studies. Jessica facilitates workshops on leadership, communication skills, and content creation, and has been teaching in the Department of Rhetoric, Writing, and Communications at the University of Winnipeg since 2009. In all her work, she is committed to developing and maintaining trusting relationships, with an attention to cultural differences, working styles, and mutual goals. Jessica is enthusiastic about helping people strengthen their ability to communicate clearly, respectfully, and with ease. She is a dynamic and engaging facilitator who is enthusiastic about understanding people’s communication styles and approaches to help them improve their capacity to effectively and respectfully communicate with those around them.
This is an introductory level workshop.