Teams do most of the impactful work in any organization. People need to be able to effectively work together to be successful and productive, and leaders must understand their role in building and coaching high-performing teams. To lead teams effectively, there are skills that every leader must learn in order to support team success, and not all of them will come naturally. This workshop provides training to help leaders inspire and lead their teams with clarity and confidence. Participants will learn how to build cohesive teams by capitalizing on the unique strengths of each member and gain insight into how to foster strong and collaborative relationships among team members.
Continuing Education Credit Hours (CEU) 2.5
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Understanding Your Role in Supporting Teams
- Creating a Culture of Interdependence
- Team Performance Assessment Tool
- Communicating Effectively with Your Team
- Tools for Leading Team Meetings
- Empowering Your Team with Clear Expectations
- The Importance of Regular Check-Ins
- Creating Engagement Through Validation
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Assess team dynamics
- Incorporate practices in their work that build trust with their team
- Communicate effectively with their team
- Increase engagement through validation and connection
About this Workshop
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Wendy Loewen, Managing Director
Wendy is the Managing Director of ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership and co-author of The Culture Question and Don’t Blame the Lettuce. She is a thoughtful and empowering leader who believes in the importance of listening to the needs and aspirations of people, and then facilitating the next step in their development. Wendy is vice president of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Manitoba. She is a former teacher and director of a health and social services program. Wendy has a Master’s degree in Conflict Analysis and Management, and Bachelor’s degrees in both Psychology and Education. She believes that learning is a dynamic and lifelong endeavor, and with commitment and guidance, the process should be enjoyable and motivating. Wendy is an engaging presenter who delivers material in a way that maximizes the learning potential for all participants.
This workshop is for all leaders, managers, supervisors, and anyone providing leadership to a team within an organization.