Handling difficult interactions on the phone is a challenging task, especially if the caller is in a heightened state of emotion. For many, the ability to navigate difficult phone conversations with respect and professionalism is an essential workplace skill. This workshop is designed to provide practical strategies for dealing with clients and customers over the phone who are in a heightened emotional state. Participants will learn over-the-phone techniques for de-escalating anger, resolving conflict, and communicating effectively.
Price: $119.00 CAD
Continuing Education Credit Hours (CEU) 4
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- The Complexity of Phone Communication
- Qualities of a Skilled Communicator
- Key Skills for the Phone – Tone, Volume, and Inflection
- Communication Style Test
- Practical Tips for Calming the Distressed Person
- Identifying and Prioritizing Issues Raised
- Delivering Bad News
- Effective Notetaking
- Politely Ending the Conversation
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Apply effective listening skills to enhance understanding
- Support emotionally heightened clients over the phone
- Problem-solve with clients for best outcomes
- Demonstrate a plan for delivering bad news
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Christina has a diverse background as a leadership trainer, director and team building and conflict resolution facilitator. With a PhD in religion, she teaches university courses on ethics, the world’s major religions, and other topics. Christina has travelled extensively and worked internationally for non-profit organizations that focus on peace-building and community development. She values workplaces that promote diversity and equity and strive to resolve corporate and interpersonal conflict in productive ways. She believes that communicating well is one of the keys to creating healthy working environments. Christina has an enthusiastic and engaging presentation style and uses storytelling and humour to make workshops interesting as well as informative.
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.