Dealing with issues related to mental health in the workplace can be challenging and difficult to navigate. It is essential that organizations have the capabilities to manage mental health because early identification and support typically leads to continued productivity and retention of employees. This workshop provides a roadmap to help managers participate in conversations with employees who may require support when experiencing difficulties related to mental health. Participants will learn strategies for creating a more inclusive work environment that reduces stigma surrounding mental illness.
Per # of Viewers
Credit Hours (CEU)
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Why Mental Health Matters
- A Review of Common Mental Illnesses
- Myths About Mental Illness
- Best Practices in Workplace Mental Health
- Tips for Creating Psychologically Safe Workplaces
- Signs and Symptoms of Mental Health Concerns
- How to Approach Someone About a Mental Health Concern
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- What is Reasonable Accommodation?
- Return-to-Work Considerations
About this Workshop
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Paul has been providing conflict resolution and counselling services for over 20 years. He is a Registered Social Worker holding a Master’s degree in Clinical Social work and a Diploma in Human Resources. In addition to training with ACHIEVE, he is currently a therapist working with individuals navigating the Justice System, and also has a small private practice. Paul believes in the importance of co-creating meaning and direction in both individual and group interventions. As a trainer, he delivers practical, applicable information for participants mixed with a humorous and engaging presentation style. Paul is gifted at facilitating critical conversations in a non-threatening manner where individuals and organizations feel heard and supported.
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop applicable to anyone wanting to learn more about mental health, including employees and managers.