Leaders find themselves pulled in many directions because of competing demands for their time and attention. When leaders fail to ground themselves and lack focussed intention, they risk doing the wrong things or causing harm to those they lead. Mindful leadership is about becoming more conscious, more intentional and more aware of one’s inner processes. The mindful leader leads from a grounded, self-aware and compassionate place, which reduces stress for others and inspires teams to action. This workshop examines how leaders can bring mindfulness practices into their work to feel more inspired and productive, while also contributing to an overall healthy and engaged workplace culture. Participants will learn mindfulness-based strategies that are meant to promote self-awareness, emotional balance, stress reduction, and personal/professional growth.
Price: $129.00 CAD
Per # of Viewers
Credit Hours (CEU)
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Defining and Understanding Mindfulness
- Strategies for Achieving Balance and Regulation
- Benefits of Mindfulness for Leaders and Organizations
- The Role of Meditation and Stillness
- Breathe, Move, Write, Reflect: Mindfulness in Action
- The 10 Talents of a Mindful Leader
- Mindfulness and Compassionate Leadership
- Ways to Introduce Mindfulness in Your Workplace
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define mindfulness and how it applies to a leadership role
- List benefits of mindfulness on mental health and work capacities
- Describe steps for integrating mindfulness strategies into a workday
- Illustrate both formal and informal mindfulness practices
About this Workshop
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Lynda is a leadership coach and registered social worker with over 20 years’ experience as a workshop facilitator, coach, clinician, and keynote speaker in the areas of leadership, organizational health, change management, stress management. She holds a Master of Social Work degree, as well as being a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach and a member of the International Coaches Federation. Lynda has held various leadership roles in her 25-year career, and currently works as a coach specializing in transformational writing for burnout prevention, personal growth and success. She is passionate about the power of the coaching relationship to support people to be and do their best. Lynda is a passionate facilitator who creates engaging and dynamic learning environments where new insights, wisdom, and learning can naturally flow.
This is an intermediate level workshop for leaders, managers and supervisors, and anyone providing leadership within an organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.