In the absence of intentional coaching, employees often lack the support they need to develop and perform at their highest levels. Effective leaders are skilled at coaching the people they lead to inspire growth, change, and healthy work relationships. This workshop provides a leadership approach for coaching others effectively and provides tools that bring out the best in the people. Through the use of case studies, participants will learn a five-step coaching model for working with their employees to enable changes in behaviour, promote skill development, and resolve conflict.
Price: $119.00 CAD
Continuing Education Credit Hours (CEU) 3.5
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Coaching in the Context of Leadership
- Essential Coaching Mindset and Beliefs
- Coaching for Behaviour Change
- Coaching for Skill Development
- Coaching for Conflict Resolution
- Navigating Conflict Triangles
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate self-awareness in their leadership style and recognize the impact of that style on the coaching relationship
- Utilize the adaptable coaching model for assisting employees to address unhealthy habits, develop skills, and resolve conflicts
- Describe the fundamentals of coaching others through disagreement and conflict, with attention to positioning themselves to create helpful movement
About this Workshop
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Eric Stutzman, Chief Executive Officer
Eric is the Chief Executive Officer of ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership and co-author of the book, The Culture Question. He is a caring and insightful leader who believes that building authentic relationships is the best way to lead people effectively. Eric has provided leadership in the field of conflict resolution and mediation since completing a degree in Sociology with a focus on mediation and peacemaking. He is a Chartered Mediator and a past president of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Manitoba. Prior to working with ACHIEVE, Eric was an administrator, board chair, senior mediator, trainer, and lead negotiator for a variety of other organizations. He believes that the best leaders and employees turn their minds first to listening with curiosity, and never put operations before people. Eric is a gifted trainer and speaker who makes material come alive for participants through humour, storytelling, and real-world application.
This workshop is intermediate level workshop and will benefit leaders, managers, supervisors, and human resource personnel.