In the absence of intentional coaching, employees often lack the support they need to develop and perform at their highest levels. Effective leaders are skilled at coaching the people they lead to inspire growth, change, and healthy work relationships. This workshop provides a leadership approach for coaching others effectively and provides tools that bring out the best in the people. Through the use of case studies, participants will learn a five-step coaching model for working with their employees to enable changes in behaviour, promote skill development, and resolve conflict.
Price: $129.00 CAD
Continuing Education Credit Hours (CEU) 3.5
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Coaching in the Context of Leadership
- Essential Coaching Mindset and Beliefs
- Coaching for Behaviour Change
- Coaching for Skill Development
- Coaching for Conflict Resolution
- Navigating Conflict Triangles
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate self-awareness in their leadership style and recognize the impact of that style on the coaching relationship
- Utilize the adaptable coaching model for assisting employees to address unhealthy habits, develop skills, and resolve conflicts
- Describe the fundamentals of coaching others through disagreement and conflict, with attention to positioning themselves to create helpful movement
About this Workshop
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Wendy Loewen, Managing Director
Wendy is the Managing Director of ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership and co-author of The Culture Question. She is a thoughtful and empowering leader who believes in the importance of listening to the needs and aspirations of people, and then facilitating the next step in their development. Wendy is vice president of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Manitoba. She is a former teacher and director of a health and social services program. Wendy has a Master’s degree in Conflict Analysis and Management, and Bachelor’s degrees in both Psychology and Education. She believes that learning is a dynamic and lifelong endeavor, and with commitment and guidance, the process should be enjoyable and motivating. Wendy is an engaging presenter who delivers material in a way that maximizes the learning potential for all participants.
This workshop is intermediate level workshop and will benefit leaders, managers, supervisors, and human resource personnel.