Too many accidents are caused by distraction, inattention, negative emotions, mental fatigue, lack of trust and slow reaction times. Mindfulness is an increasingly popular and effective tool that people use to help them focus and stay focused even during long, busy workdays. Participants who take this workshop will have an opportunity to reflect on where absence of mindfulness may put them at risk at work. They will acquire tools that they can apply in life, helping them be more focused, attentive, peaceful, and quick to react safely.
Note: This workshop complements and enhances existing safety programs.
About This Workshop
- Key Components of Mindful Awareness
- Mindfulness as a Bridge Between Safety and Productivity
- Compassion and Safety
- The Prevalence of Inattention
- Flow: Combating Mental Fatigue
- Dealing with Negative Emotions
- How Trust Issues Destroy Safety
- Your Brain on Mindfulness
- Improving Your Reaction Time
- Mindful Movement
- Developing your Mindfulness Practice
Method of Delivery
Lecture, video, case study exercises, skill development and small group discussion