A crucial skill in any management position is being able to enhance the performance of those we supervise. This workshop moves beyond how to facilitate performance reviews to offer new perspectives and best practices in continuous performance management and supporting employee development. Participants will learn to increase the capacity of those they supervise through clear directions and ongoing feedback. They will also learn how to offer corrective feedback and identify and validate desired workplace behaviours in order to draw out the best from those they manage.
Some of the Topics Included
- Best Practices in Performance Management
- Assessing Your Feedback Style
- A Framework for Giving Feedback
- Giving Negative and Positive Feedback
- Creating the Right Conditions for Feedback
- Giving Clear Directions
- Meaningful Behaviours to Recognize and Affirm
- Tips for Giving Positive Feedback
This is an intermediate-level workshop for leaders, managers and supervisors, and anyone providing leadership within an organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study examples, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Examine and apply the best practices in continuous performance management
- Equip supervisors, managers, and leaders with a framework and skills that will serve to align the individual efforts of employees with the goals of the organization
- Learn and practice methods for offering corrective feedback and validating desired workplace behaviours