Given that the average person spends 60 percent of their time at work, our organizations play a pivotal role in how psychologically safe we feel. A workplace can either protect our psychological health or diminish it. A psychologically safe organization actively strives to both prevent psychological harm and actively boost psychological safety. This workshop provides an overview of the characteristics of a psychologically safe workplace and the roles of both the employee and employer in promoting psychological safety. Participants will explore the 13 factors proven to impact the well-being of employees and learn strategies that they can implement in their own organization to enhance psychological safety.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included:
- The 13 Factors That Impact Psychological Safety
- Benefits of Promoting Psychological Safety
- How Employees Can Support Psychological Safety
- How Organizations Can Implement Psychologically Safe Practices
- Assessing Your Organization’s Psychological Safety
This is an intermediate level workshop applicable to both managers and employees.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
- Examine the 13 factors that impact the well-being of employees in the workplace
- Develop strategies participants can use to implement the 13 factors in their own workplaces
- Assess the actions an employee can take to promote their own psychological safety
- Assess the actions employers can take to foster psychological safety in their organizations