Sexual Harassment is not only detrimental to the person who has been harassed, it also impacts the wellbeing of the entire workplace. This workshop presents a proactive approach for those seeking to understand and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace. Going beyond basic definitions and policies, participants will gain a better understanding of what sexual harassment is, why it happens, and how to prevent it. In addressing the root causes of sexual harassment and encouraging awareness and openness, organizations will be better equipped to assist employees who experience harassment. Participants will leave the workshop with new insights and the tools required to discuss and develop procedures for dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- What is and What is Not Sexual Harassment?
- Costs of Sexual Harassment – Financial and Human
- Organizational Risk Factors
- Root Causes of Sexual Harassment
- What to do if You are Sexually Harassed
- What to do if You Witness Harassment
- Prevention – Insights and Strategies
- Engaging Leadership in Prevention
- Considerations Around Training
- Policies and Reporting Procedures
This is an intermediate level workshop applicable to employees and managers.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify behaviours that do/don’t constitute as sexual harassment
- Understand the root causes of sexual harassment
- Identify risk factors that may exist in your organization
- Know what components to include in a workplace Sexual Harassment Policy