Trauma is prevalent in our world and has an impact on many of the people we interact with, including our colleagues and those who engage with our organizations. A compassionate and trauma-informed approach is essential for creating healthy workplace cultures. Based on our book, A Little Book About Trauma-Informed Workplaces, this workshop explores five key principles to integrate a trauma-informed approach throughout the organization. By embracing these principles, participants can better contribute to the positive transformation of individuals and relationships affected by trauma. Every organization, from any sector, can benefit from becoming trauma-informed.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- Trauma’s Ripple Effect
- What Is a Trauma-Informed Workplace?
- Building a Trauma-Informed Culture
- Understanding Trauma
- 5 Principles of a Trauma-Informed Approach
- Promote Awareness
- Shift Attitudes
- Provide Choice
- Foster Safety
- Highlight Strengths
- Post-Traumatic Growth and Resilience
- Steps for Implementing Principles
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for anyone interested in learning more about the value of trauma-informed workplaces.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals and organizations
- List five key trauma-informed principles
- Describe practical strategies for implementing each of the five trauma-informed principles
- Assess their own organization for areas of trauma-informed strengths and weakness