Our communication skills and style are essential to positive and productive relations at work or at home. Effective communication requires us to be clear about our thoughts and desires, and also to be responsive to those of others. Assertive communicators express positive and negative ideas and feelings in transparent, welcoming and direct ways – stating their needs clearly and without defensiveness. Participants in this workshop will build an awareness of their communication patterns and learn to deal confidently with people around them. This workshop is fun, meaningful and highly effective for improving communication awareness and skills.
About This Workshop
- Understanding Effective Communication
- Developing Self-Awareness
- Assertiveness Self-Assessment
- Transforming Unhelpful Communication Approaches
- Becoming Assertive
- How to Have Assertive Body Language
- Offering Your Opinion
- Giving Directions
- Saying “No”
- Making Requests
- Giving Corrective Feedback
- Dealing with Difficult Responses
- Receiving Negative Responses
Find out if this
View an abbreviated
Access our easy
Method of Delivery
Lecture, personal reflection, skill building, video and small group discussions.
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop. The content is suitable for workplace, community, and home environments.