Conflict holds great potential for harm and for good. The results of unhealthy conflict impact us individually and contribute to negative group performance. Those people who master essential conflict resolution skills reduce the occurrence of negative conflict in their lives, leading to healthier, happier relationships and work environments. Conflict has many sources, including miscommunication, disagreements, stress and personality differences. Many conflicts would not spiral out of control if people used conflict resolution techniques that are easy to learn and utilize. This workshop will teach participants to understand the dynamics of conflict and equip them with the skills needed to respond confidently and effectively.
About This Workshop
- Conflict Overview
- The Roots of Conflict
- How Conflict Escalates
- Dealing with Misunderstandings
- Tool – The Intention Check
- Dealing with Disagreements
- Tool – The Interest Check
- Dealing with Conflict Style Differences
- Tool – The Style Check
- Key Skills for Conflict Resolution
- Trigger Phrases and Gestures to Avoid
- 10 Strategies for Staying Calm in Conflict
- The Four-Part Conflict Resolution Process
- Skill Development
Find out if this
View an abbreviated
Access our easy
Method of Delivery
Lecture, personal reflection, skill building, video and small group discussions.
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop. The content is suitable for workplace, community and home environments.