Leaders find themselves pulled in many directions because of competing demands for their time and attention. When leaders fail to ground themselves and lack focussed intention, they risk doing the wrong things or causing harm to those they lead. Mindful leadership is about becoming more conscious, more intentional and more aware of one’s inner processes. The mindful leader leads from a grounded, self-aware and compassionate place, which reduces stress for others and inspires teams to action. This workshop examines how leaders can bring mindfulness practices into their work to feel more inspired and productive, while also contributing to an overall healthy and engaged workplace culture. Participants will learn mindfulness-based strategies that are meant to promote self-awareness, emotional balance, stress reduction, and personal/professional growth.
Some of the Topics Included
- Defining and Understanding Mindfulness
- Strategies for Achieving Balance and Regulation
- Benefits of Mindfulness for Leaders and Organizations
- The Role of Meditation and Stillness
- Breathe, Move, Write, Reflect: Mindfulness in Action
- The 10 Talents of a Mindful Leader
- Mindfulness and Compassionate Leadership
- Ways to Introduce Mindfulness in Your Workplace
This is an intermediate level workshop for leaders, managers and supervisors, and anyone providing leadership within an organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.