Many organizations rely too heavily on performance evaluations to manage performance and neglect the role of on-going feedback that supports day-to-day improvement. This workshop moves beyond how to facilitate a performance review and will examine the best practices in continuous performance management. These practices serve to align the goals of the organization with the individual efforts of an employee. Participants in this training will learn skills for offering corrective feedback and validating desired workplace behaviours that will draw out the best from those they manage.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Best Practices in Performance Management
- Assessing Your Feedback Style
- A Framework for Giving Feedback
- Giving Negative and Positive Feedback
- Creating the Right Conditions for Feedback
- Giving Clear Directions
- Meaningful Behaviours to Recognize and Affirm
- Tips for Giving Positive Feedback
This is an intermediate level workshop for leaders, managers and supervisors, and anyone providing leadership within organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study examples, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.