Whether you are presenting at a meeting, training employees, delivering a speech, or making a sale, effective presentation skills are essential for success in the workplace. Yet for those who fail to fully prepare, who ignore the signals their audience is giving them, or who struggle with managing problematic behaviour, presenting effectively will be difficult. This workshop utilizes the collective knowledge of ACHIEVE’s trainers – accumulated from presenting to a wide range of participants in a variety of settings over the years – to teach participants how to prepare for a presentation and deliver their content in a dynamic and compelling way that holds their audiences’ attention.
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Discovering What Your Audience Needs to Hear
- The Importance of the First Few Moments
- Compelling Closings
- Strategies for Rehearsing and Refining
- Managing Nervousness
- Communicating with Body Language
- Using Stories Effectively
- Difficult Questions and Challenging Comments
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.