Leadership and Culture
How to Create a Workplace Where People Like to Work
Oct 08, 2020 (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
Trainer: Randy Grieser, CEO
Price: $ 259.00 (*early rate) $ 299.00 (regular rate) + tax
*early rate expires September 17, 2020
Based on the book, The Culture Question, this workshop provides a guide for how every organization can increase employee engagement and become a great place to work. Unfortunately, far too many people don’t like where they work. Some organizations are unhealthy and full of disrespectful behaviour. Other workplaces are simply uninspiring. For various reasons, countless people feel trapped, indifferent, or bored at work. The secret to creating workplaces where people like to work is leadership and culture. By exploring six key elements that make up a healthy workplace culture, participants will learn the answers to two fundamental questions: “How does your organization’s culture impact how much people like where they work?” and “What can leaders do to make it better?”
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- The Case for Caring About Culture
- Culture’s Impact on Employee Engagement
- How to Define Purpose and Values
- Communicating Your Purpose and Values
- Providing Meaningful Work
- Practical Ways to Make Work More Meaningful
- Focusing Your Leadership Team on People
- Directive Versus Empowering Leadership
- Why Meaningful Relationships Matter
- How to Foster Meaningful Relationships
- Creating Peak Performing Teams
- Foster Identification and Facilitate Interdependence
- Practicing Constructive Conflict Management
- Key’s to Transforming Conflict
- How to Change Culture
- Cultural Health Assessment Questionnaire
This is an intermediate-advanced level workshop for leaders, managers, supervisors, human resource personnel, and anyone who influences culture in the workplace.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study examples, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize why a healthy culture is essential, and a competitive advantage
- Understand the connection between culture and purpose
- Implement strategies for creating peak performing teams
- Incorporate key ideas for creating and sustaining a healthy workplace culture
- Follow a framework to change and maintain culture
About Our Workshops
More Training Options On This Topic
What our clients have to say…
Add this to your Calendar
Terms & Conditions
Registrations cancelled seven or more days prior to the workshop/live stream are refundable, minus a $50.00 administrative fee. Alternatively, you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than seven days prior to the workshop are non-refundable. If at any time you are unable to take part in the event, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify ACHIEVE of the name of the alternate person.
We reserve the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of workshop/live-stream fees only. Please make travel arrangements with this in mind.
Register Early! To better facilitate group interaction, seating is limited.
Children and unregistered guests are not permitted in the meeting rooms.
You Will Receive
A spiral bound training manual and workshop certificate, as well as morning and afternoon refreshments. Participants are on their own for lunch from noon until 1:00 p.m., unless otherwise stated. For live-stream participants, you will receive a pdf copy of the manual.
Group Registration Instructions
To register a group for a workshop, choose the appropriate number you would like to register for the selected workshop, and fill in all the relevant information.
Concerns and Grievances
Special Accommodations for Disabilities
Continuing Education Credit
While many associations and licensing bodies accept ACHIEVE workshops for continuing education credits, questions about approval should be directed to the specific association or licensing body for which you are requesting the credits. Credit hours: There are six continuing education credits earned for each day of training. For example, a one-day workshop earns six continuing education hours, while a two-day workshop earns 12 hours. A certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the workshop. See our Continuing Education Credits page for more information.