Live Stream: Trauma-Informed Care – Building a Culture of Strength
About the trainer
Offered through Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Trauma is prevalent in our world and has an impact on many of the people we interact with, including our clients and colleagues. Compassionate and trauma-informed care is essential to providing effective support and building sustainable services. This workshop explores how to build a trauma-informed culture in a workplace setting that integrates knowledge throughout the organization. Participants will develop an understanding of the pervasive impact of trauma on individual health and relationships. Guiding principles will be explored for increasing emotional and physical safety, culturally sensitive empowerment, and creating greater resilience for all parts of an organization. Becoming trauma informed creates a sustainable foundation in any work setting to promote strength, engagement, and recovery.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Respectful Awareness
- Definitions of Trauma for Individual, Relationship, and Public Health
- Prevalence of Trauma, from Single Incident to Complex
- Understanding the Impact of Trauma Across the Lifespan
- Contexts of Impact – Cultural, Intergenerational, and Societal Factors
- Collaborative Health
- Principles of Trauma-Informed Care
- Core Competencies – Putting Principles into Action
- Choice, Trust, and Connection
- Recognizing Innate Strengths and Resilience
- Building a Trauma-Informed Culture
- The Continuum of Trauma-Informed Care and Practices
- A Systemic View of Healing Trauma
- Building Trauma Informed Principles into Policy and Processes
- Attending to Staff Safety and Secondary Trauma
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for anyone interested in learning more about the value of trauma-informed workplaces.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals, communities and organizations
- List guiding principles for incorporating a trauma-informed approach across roles
- Describe steps for creating safer work settings for both service providers and clients
- Design an action plan for trauma-informed goals in service delivery and program planning
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.