Live Stream: Violence Threat Assessment – Planning and Response
About the trainer
Offered through Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
After a violent incident, it is not uncommon to find that people were aware of clues that violence was being planned. This is because most violent incidents often follow an evolutionary process where signs and indicators can be seen. Yet, without a clearly defined process to gather information and assess the situation, violence prevention is extremely difficult. This workshop provides a communication and decision-making model to help businesses, schools, organizations, and communities become more effective in their management of threats. Participants will learn strategies to help them identify, assess, and manage individuals who may be escalating towards violence.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Types of Threats
- Behaviors of Concern
- Potential Threateners
- Typical Stages of Violence
- Possible Characteristics and the Problem with Profiling
- Threat Assessment Team and Plan Development
- The Threat Assessment Process
- Guiding Principles in Assessment
- The Initial Assessment Process
- Detailed Assessment Considerations
- Case Management and Monitoring
- Considerations Related to Anonymous Threats
This is an intermediate level workshop intended for managers, school personnel, social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, human resource professionals, and anyone interested in implementing threat assessment protocols for their organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe why threat assessment protocols are needed
- Illustrate a framework for team and plan development
- List steps to organize effectively after a threat is received
- Identify available external resources
- Apply the principles learned to their own environment
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.