Trauma-Informed Care Live Stream
Building a Culture of Strength
Jan 16, 2020 (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central Time)
Trainer: Nathan Gerbrandt
Price: $ 219.00 (*early rate) $ 249.00 (regular rate) + tax
*early rate expires December 26, 2019
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Offered through Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute
Trauma is prevalent in our world and has an impact on many of the people we interact with, including our clients and colleagues. Compassionate and trauma-informed care is essential to providing effective support and building sustainable services. This workshop explores how to build a trauma-informed culture in a workplace setting that integrates knowledge throughout the organization. Participants will develop an understanding of the pervasive impact of trauma on individual health and relationships. Guiding principles will be explored for increasing emotional and physical safety, culturally sensitive empowerment, and creating greater resilience for all parts of an organization. Becoming trauma-informed creates a sustainable foundation in any work setting to promote strength, engagement, and recovery.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- Respectful Awareness
- Definitions of Trauma for Individual, Relationship, and Public Health
- Prevalence of Trauma, from Single Incident to Complex
- Understanding the Impact of Trauma Across the Lifespan
- Contexts of Impact – Cultural, Intergenerational, and Societal Factors
- Collaborative Health
- Principles of Trauma-Informed Care
- Core Competencies – Putting Principles into Action
- Choice, Trust, and Connection
- Recognizing Innate Strengths and Resilience
- Building a Trauma-Informed Culture
- The Continuum of Trauma-Informed Care and Practices
- A Systemic View of Healing Trauma
- Building Trauma Informed Principles into Policy and Processes
- Attending to Staff Safety and Secondary Trauma
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for anyone interested in learning more about the value of trauma-informed workplaces.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals, communities and organizations
- List guiding principles for incorporating a trauma-informed approach across roles
- Describe steps for creating safer work settings for both service providers and clients
- Design an action plan for trauma-informed goals in service delivery and program planning
About Our Workshops
Need Training Sooner?
What our clients have to say…
Add this to your Calendar
Terms & Conditions
Registrations cancelled seven or more days prior to the event are refundable, minus a administrative fee. Alternatively, you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than seven days prior to the workshop are non-refundable. If at any time you are unable to attend the event, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify achievecentre of the name of the alternate person.
We reserve the right to cancel events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of event fees only.
You Will Receive
Group Registration Instructions
To register a group for a workshop, choose the appropriate number you would like to register for the selected workshop, and fill in all the relevant information.
Concerns and Grievances
Special Accommodations for Disabilities
Continuing Education Credit
While many associations and licensing bodies accept achievecentre workshops for continuing education credits, questions about approval should be directed to the specific association or licensing body for which you are requesting the credits. Credit hours: There are six continuing education credits earned for each day of training. For example, a one-day workshop earns six continuing education hours, while a two-day workshop earns 12 hours. A certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the workshop. See our Continuing Education Credits page for more information.